Corporations have bought off our government. Below is a list of some of the earmarks for 2010 that went to campaign donors. You have to see a list like this to see the gravity of the situation, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I cannot show you every single earmark that went to campaign donors. I would to make a point, but it is simply too much raw data. I know no one will read this line item by line item, but the extent will grab attention. This is just to illustrate how bad it really is. Also, I understand that earmarks are just a small percentage of the National Budget, but you have to remember they are a microcosm of how government works. Tax loopholes, subsidies, tariffs, anti-competition laws, etc. etc. are all written in this same manner. They just aren’t as clearly stated that they were written for Company X that might have donated to Congressman Y’s campaign via straight donation or Super PAC. Enjoy:
Tim Bishop Rep. (D-NY) got $13.5k in donations from STIDD Systems and gave them a $3.6mil earmark.
David Dreier (R) Rep of Cal. received donations from Chang Ind. and rewarded them w/ a $3.2mil earmark.
- Aerovironment Inc: Donation to Dreier equals $1mil earmark.
Rich Shelby (R) Senator of Alabama gave 23 earmarks for $90mil to campaign donors or companies that lobbied him.
Sam Johnson (R) of Texas: L-3 Comm. donated to his campaign, and he gave them a $3.04mil earmark.
- SVTronics Inc also has a cozy relationship w/ Johnson that took the next step to a $2.72mil earmark (3rd base)
- Rockwell Collins Inc, gets a $2.4mil earmark for their efforts in lobbying and donating to his campaign.
- Raytheon Co. donated heavily to his camp and was rewarded w/ $1.6mil earmark.
- Mustang Tech., Sam Johnson campaign donor, got a $800k earmark.
Tim Murphy (R) of PA received campaign $ from Curtiss-Wright Corp via PAC’s and rewarded them w/ $2.88mil in earmarks.
- Converteam Inc., a campaign donor of Murphy’s, also got an earmark. This one only $1.6mil.
- PPG Ind. donated directly, through PAC, and lobbied him to get their earmark of $1.6mil.
- Eaton Corp., another Murphy donor, got a $600k earmark sponsored by Murphy.
- National Center for Defense Mfg & Machinery donated to his campaign and was rewarded w/ a $1.6mil earmark.
One of Ed Pastor’s, (D) of AZ, biggest campaign donors is Honeywell Int. He sponsored 2 earmarks of $4mil and $3.2mil.
- United tech. lobbied/donated to campaign and got a $4mil earmark courtesy of Mr. Pastor.
- Robertson Aviation dropped 100k on lobbying, much of which on Mr. Pastor. They got a $2.4mil earmark via Pastor.
- BAE systems, a Pastor donor, also got a $2.4mil earmark.
- Goodrich Corp. donated through PAC’s and received a $2mil earmark.
(R) Robert Aderholt AL congressman gave a $6mil earmark to Victory Solutions. You guessed it, they’re donors to his camp.
- QinetiQ North America spent a ton of $ lobbying Aderholt and was rewarded w/ a $3.2mil earmark.
- Miltec Corp supported his campaign, and he supported their bottom line w/ a $3.2mil earmark.
- Peopletec Inc. Same deal. Donated/lobbied and got an 3.2mil earmark. Goes around comes around, I guess.
- J2 Technologies donated to his campaign and got a mere $3mil in earmarks. Wonder were their .2mil went.
- SUMMA Technology spent 30k on lobbying Mr. Aderholt, and was the recipient of a $2.4mil earmark.
- Intergraph Corp. donated to his campaign and magically got a $2.32mil earmark.
- Raytheon Co: 1 of Edward J Markey’s (D. Representative of MA) 10 biggest donors got a $4mil earmark.
- Foster-Miller spent 32k lobbying Markey and got a $3.2mil earmark.
Cerus Corp. dropped over 160k lobbying Edward J. Markey D. of Mass. and was rewarded w/ 2 seperate earmarks of $2.4mil.
- 123 Systems: Edward Markey of MA, a $2mil earmark. Oh, ya they donated to his campaign too.
- QD Vision lobbys Edward Markey for a Nanocrystal Source Display: They get an earmark.
Rep. Joe Courtney (D) of Conn. biggest campaign contributor was General Dynamics… Yes they got a $4.8Mil earmark from him.
- Honeywell was a big contributor & Lobbied him, they got a $4mil earmark sponsored by Courtney.
- United Tech., his 4th largest donor, got a $4mil earmark that he sponsored.
- Alion Science & Tech., donated and lobbied Courtney, weird how they got a $3.6mil earmark via Courtney.
IN (R)Dick Lugar got camp. $ from Altair,Flagship Ent, AmeriQual, and Allison Trans. Each got their own earmarks of $3mil or more
Steve Buyer (R) of IN received donations from Society of Indep Gas Marketers, BP, Bridgestone, Marathon Oil, and XCel Energy Pac. No wonder he twice co-sponsored: Disapproving a rule submitted by the EPA relating to the endangerment finding and the cause or contribute findings for greenhouse gases under section 202(a) of the Clean Air Act.
Mark Souder (R) of IN sponsored $3.6mil in earmarks for Raytheon Co. and yes they were one of his biggest donors.
Andre Carson (D) of IN sponsored $9.8mil in earmarks. 1/2 of that money went to campaign donors or peeps that lobbied him.
David Loebsack (D) of IA earmarked $9.6mil for Rockwell Collins Inc. after they donated to his campaign. $9.6mil.
R of Kan Representative Todd Tiahrt’s biggest campaign donor was Boeing. He got a $6mil dollar earmark just for them.
- Hawker Beechcraft, a Tiahrt donor/lobbyer got a $7mil earmark courtesy of Mr. Tiahrt’s sponsorship.
- Kaman Corp. Lobbys him and donates to his campaign to get a modest $3mil earmark.
- Curtis-Wright Corp is a big donor and receives a measley $1.6mil earmark.
Steven Rothman D of NJ set aside $5.6mil in earmarks for Stevens Inst. of Tech. You guessed it, they were campaign donors.
- Dynamic Animation Systems: Yup donated to his campaign and hired lobbyists to get in Rothman’s ears and they get a $3.5mil earmark.
- Covanta is yet another down the line where they donate and get an earmark. This time, $2.5mil.
- Absecon Mills donor gets $2mil in earmarks
- Phacil Inc lobby’d Mr. Rothman and gave to his campaign, they were rewarded w/ a $2mil earmark.
- General Dynamics too donates to his campaign and lobbys his office and is rewarded yet another $1.68mil earmark.
Bill Young earmarked $4mil for Alliant Techsystems after they contributed to his campaign and hired lobbyists to pull his ear.
- Alakai Consulting and Engineering donated to Billy and only got $1.6mil in earmarks.
- Contributor Honeywell got $1.6.
- SAIC donated to the campaign and got 2.4mil in earmarks from him.
- Bill Young R of FL co-sponsored 64 earmarks totalling $128million.
- Raytheon Co. a $4mil benificiary contributed to his campaign.
John B. Larson D. of CT received $87k in contributions from United Tech. and rewarded them w/ $4mil in earmarks.
- Honeywell contributed to his campaign and got another $5.6mil in earmarks.
Jim Moran has been a naughty boy. If you look at ITT Corp, one of his donors, he granted them a $1.6mil earmark for their support.
- Argon ST got 2.4 million and donated to his campaign.
- Dynamis Inc. same story. Donated to campaign; got $2mil in earmark money.
- ObjectVideo Inc. same story: Donated and got $2mil in earmark money.
- Innovative Defense Tech. Same-Same.. Donated to get $2.0mil in earmark money.
- Dynamic Animation Systems then next in a long line of earmarks for this guy. Donated and got a $2mil earmark in return.
- Progeny Systems donated to him and only got $1.6mil in earmark money.
- ITT Corp. got 1.6mil for their campaign contributions.
- EM Solutions, another $1.6 million dollars in earmarks.
- DDL OMNI Engineering. $1.6 million and a donor.
- MobilVox Inc. 1.6mil
- SyTech Corp got $1.6 mil for radio inter-operability system from earmark money after donating to his campaign.
- SAIC Inc dontated and got 1.6mill too.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp secured 1.6 mil in earmarks through their contributions to Jim Moran.
- Jim Moran (D) of VA also gave ManTech Int. a $2mil earmark; they too a big donor to his campaign.
- BriarTek Inc. was Jim Moran (D) of VA 5th biggest financial campaign supporter and was rewarded w/ a $2.4mil earmark.
- IR-Vascular Facial Fingerprinting is what they are getting the earmark for. via the defense spending.
(R) Doc Hastings sponsored two seperate earmarks of $2.4mil that went to Honneywell and Infinia, both were top donors to his campaign…
(D) Adam Smith co-sponsored $3.5m in earmarks for Lockheed Martin. Lockheed is one of his top five campaign contributors…